Monday, December 27, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle cookies


I work with a girl who first told me about these chocolate crinkle cookies. I am so glad I was able to finally make them.
 This year was a little hard for me because Dennis and I had our first Christmas away from home. It was nice to start our life together with our own Christmas, but at the same time it was a little bit lonely.  I don't know if you have ever been to a college town during a holiday, but there is almost no one here to the point there were only 12 couples in our ward yesterday.  I did not feel the desire to make Christmas goodies when there was not any one here to give them to. Thank goodness for the LDS Church because it was there that Dennis and I found there were actually several couples in town who felt the same way we did, so with my nature to throw parties we had two couples over for games last night. It was a blast and I was able to have an excuse to make these yummy cookies! I am so glad this Christmas turned out so great and we were able to make some new friends.







Unsalted butter, melted & cooled

4 Tbsp
Unsweetened cocoa powder½ cup
Sugar1 cup
Eggs2 large
Vanilla extract1 Tbsp
All purpose flour2 cups
Baking powder1 tsp
Baking Soda1 tsp
Salt½ tsp

Mix melted and cooled butter with cocoa powder using an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and mix until it’s mostly dissolved. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and finally vanilla extract. 

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a spatula, mix until just combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper

Roll dough into 1½-inch balls and generously dust them with confectioners’ sugar before placing them on prepared cookie sheets. 

Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until your chocolate crinkle cookies are buffed and cracked on top. 

Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...