Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Today I am grateful for...

Almost everyday I say today I am grateful for   blank    .








Today I have decided to be grateful for this wonderful school I go to, Brigham Young University-Idaho.  I have always felt a love and an appreciation for the school.  I have always done my best to give back to the school and the students to show how grateful for this opportunity. 

One of my favorite talks was given by Elder Bednar in Oct 2006 at the ground breaking of the BYU-Idaho Center and then again at the Dedication of the BYU-Idaho Center in December 2010. 

He tells the story of when President Eyring was on campus for the dedication of the Taylor building.  After Elder Bednar showed him around the building he took President Eyring into the Chapel.  He stood at the pulpit and looked into the congregation seats.  Elder Bednar asked President Eying what he was thinking about. 

President Eyring said " I am thinking about how much we do for so few and how little we do for so many." 

Two-Thirds of my education is subsidized by Church tithing.  There are so many people who diligently give tithing each month and a portion of their money comes here to help me go to school and get the wonderful education I do.  They will never see the buildings, they will never learn and they will never get to have the experiences I do here at BYU-I. 

I feel an overwhelming gratitude for this opportunity and blessing.  I am receiving a world class education for a community college price.  I have made it my goal to do my best, learn the most, and give back with all of my heart.  I feel it is my duty to share what I have learned.  I will give it my all and after I will give even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...