Monday, September 19, 2011

super easy envelope pillow

I am not in school right now and because of that I have a ton of free time on my hand. Last week I made the mistake of going to the wonderful home fabrics store in Idaho Falls... a great place to get home decor fabric for WAY cheap... like $5-7 dollars a yard for 75 in fabric. I am amazed how they can sell such wonderful fabric for so cheap. Even a poor married college student like me can afford the fabric in this store.

I went to just look, but a found a print I fell in love with for only $6 a yard and if you are a student you get another 10% off. So for a total of $5.50 I got a yard of wonderful fabric to add some color into my very brown living room. The pillow filling was made out of a regular sized pillow from IKEA only $1 and re-sized it to be a throw pillow size. For a total of $8 I made two throw pillows! A steal if you ask me. I love them and they are so comfy compared to the pillows we got free with our free couch.

I decided to go way simple, but they are perfect. I used this pattern for a very simple envelope pillow. Check it out... More crafts to come ( I got a new job and my husband is going to give me a craft budget!)

Before


After



I love the way my couch turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...