Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Elder Spencer Olsen


My "little" brother who is not so little just left today. He left his home, his family, and all of his worldly possessions to go serve the people of Honduras for two years. He left to go serve the Lord, to act in the name of the Lord and to give his all to him to help the people of Honduras for two year.

I am so proud of him for making this decision. I am so proud of him for getting his act together to go out.

My brother and I have never really got along. He drives me crazy and I usually could not stand to be in the same room as him for more than a couple of minutes. You could imagine what our 14 hour drives to California or the 25 hour drives to Canada we used to do when we were little were like... But despite our differences and our irritation toward him I love him and I am proud of him. He is the oldest for 4 boy and I am so proud of him for setting this great example for his younger brothers.

He will do a great job out there and I know he will be able to serve the people of Honduras.

The advice my husband would give him would be "Don't be Stupid".
My advice is follow the rules, read the scriptures, and rely on the Lord and all things are possible!

Love you little bro! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. This is so crazy! I can't believe he is going to be a missionary! He has come a long way! Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...