Friday, October 8, 2010

Grandma Joyce’s Whole Wheat Bread

This Wheat Bread recipe is my new favorite. It was one of my Grandma's. My Grandma was an amazing cook. She is the reason that I love to cook so much. After she died last May I wanted to feel close to her even though she was gone. I have always loved cooking since i was a little girl, but now it has been magnified. Dennis and I no longer buy bread. I got a Bosch mixer for a wedding gift from my grandpa and my mom's brothers. It is the best ever. I would suggest if you are contemplating getting a mixer buy a Bosch in stead of a kitchen aid. It is amazing! I hope you enjoy this recipe. We sure do!

3 tbs of yeast sprinkled on ¾ cup of warm water and 1 tsp of sugar (set aside)
Mix thoroughly in mixer:
2/3 cup oil                                                                    5 cups warm water
2/3 cup of honey or brown or raw sugar                       7 cups whole wheat flour (I do half wheat half white)
2 tbs of salt
Add yeast mixture.  Ad three cups of flour and mix for 5 minutes.  Sprinkle 3-4 cups of flour into mixer while mixing 5 more minutes.  (Add enough flour till dough cleans side of bowl)  Mold into pans, let rest 25 minutes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. 
For sweeter bread use ¾ cup of honey ( it makes it taste a million times better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...