Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Where it all began...

Three years ago today a tall, skinny, quirky boy who had never had a girlfriend or really any interaction for that matter with girls asked me to be his girlfriend. Little did I know I would be spending a lot more time with him than I ever though. I am so grateful for that quirky boy. Here is how he asked (a pretty cute story)...
We were sitting on my parents big comfy couch watching the happiest millionaire. I had no idea he was even interested in dating me even though we had spent everyday for the past two weeks together and he had gotten rid of three different creepy boys for me in those two weeks. I was a creep magnate because I would say yes to anyone because I felt bad. He was the first boy who made me feel like I did not have to fix anyone but myself and I had a lot of fixing to do. He could see I needed someone to love me for me and not someone who I needed to change so I could like them. 
He had told me he had liked me a couple of days earlier, but I did not think anything of it. I had promised a friend I would not have a boy friend until I moved to Idaho for school in a couple month... Well obviously that did not happen. 
While we were on the couch our hands touch and he quickly pulled his away. It was then I realized I wanted to hold his hand and I might actually like this weird boy after all. (No wonder I wanted to spend all my time with him. Ha.) Then I got a text from a friend of mine who I thought I liked at the time asking me if Dennis and I were dating... It had never crossed my mind.  Dennis just blew if off.
Then it finally happened.... with our hand only centimeters apart Dennis leaned over and said:
   " You know with your hand right there and my hand here I think we would be a lot more comfortable if we were holding hands"
So I grabbed his hand and said yes i guess it would. Then he asked:
"Does this mean you will be my girlfriend"
And I said:
"Of course"
(Did I really just say that? )
Then he asked:
" I guess I should have asked this first, but does this mean you like me?"
And I said:
" I guess it does"
(Isn't he so cute...and awkward, but that's one reason why I like him)
We continued watching the movie and when we finished  and he was leaving for the night I went to give him a hug and he asked (being the naive to this dating thing):
"So what will change?"
And I said:
" Let's just play it by ear"
Isn't he just so adorable! We spent everyday for 2 months together. And then I left for school in Idaho....
That is a story for another day.

This is our first picture together: Halloween 2008
We dressed up as prom dates. 
Our first Christmas together

The day he proposed at the Mesa Temple

Our one year anniversary of dating

I would have never thought that the boy I met in the singles ward choir who I thought was strange and quirky and honestly weird would one day be my eternal companion. 
I love him so much and we have been so blessed in our life.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...