Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apples on Pork? I say tasty!!

A couple of weeks ago I was obsessed with my crock pot. After receiving 5 of them as wedding gifts I thought I better use one of them (we did end up taking all but one back). Dennis let me buy a crock pot recipe book from target and I love it! The recipe book has some very tasty recipes.  I found one that both Dennis and I fell in love with. The recipe is very simple. Another amazing thing is my mom made this pork for my family and they all liked it, which doesn't happen very often.  This is a great fall recipe and will be great for the whole family. The mixture of sweet and spicy is just perfect! Try it and let me know what you think!

Simply Delicious Pork

1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 6 pieces or 6 boneless pork loin chops
4 medium golden delicious apples
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can green chili's
2 cloves garlic

1. place pork in a crock pot.
2. cut apples in small slices ( leave skins on) place in a bowl
3. combine rest of ingredients in with the apple. mix until apple are completely coated. Place apples on top of the pork. Cook LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 Hours

served best with a rice pilaf or mash potato's. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! I'm glad you started a cooking blog! Gotta love having new things to try!

    P.S. We got FiVE crock pots from wedding gifts too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...